First of all invest some time and think about the following :
• Which areas do you want to buy in?
• What kind of property are you looking for?
• What are the "must-haves" and "don't wants"?
• How much are you able to spend?
• When do you want to have moved by?
• Do you need to sell and if so, is your property on the market yet?
• Do you know how much you can borrow and if so, is your finance organised? (Need mortgage advice? Speak to us and we will be able to help)
Once you have all the answers to these questions contact us as this will give us a better idea of your needs to help you with your specific search and get you out viewing the right properties!
Now it’s time to get out there and see a good range of properties so that you can get a grip on what your money will buy in your chosen area, however if you find the perfect property early on in your search, don't delay. If you like it, the probability is that someone else will as well!
Give detailed feedback to your agent; not only will this help the vendor it will help to guide them in assisting you with your search for the right property.
FOUND THE ONE!
When you find a suitable property, consult your agent about how to proceed. An offer is about more than just money; you will be asked to provide details of:
• Your buying position
• Proposed timeframes
• Any inclusions (curtains, carpets, etc)
• How you propose to fund the purchase
The seller will expect us to obtain all of this information as it will aid them in their decision making.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
After a sale has been agreed, your agent will be the main point of communication between all parties involved in the transaction and will be with you every step of the way to assist where at all possible.
Your immediate priorities are:
• Instruct a reputable solicitor (Sapphire Estate agents can provide competitive quotes of reputable companies if required).
• Instruct and pay your IFA/ Mortgage broker (if applicable) to submit your mortgage application and organise a mortgage valuation; or submit your mortgage application to your chosen bank or building society.
• Once the legal (or 'conveyancing') work has been carried out and your finances are in order, you will be in a position to 'exchange contracts' prior to the agreed 'completion', at which point you can take possession of the property.
Invest time in your agent; the better they understand your needs, the more they can help.
This is an exciting yet sometimes stressful time for all involved. Be aware of the feelings of all those involved and try and react logically and calmly to the ups and downs of the transaction.
Don't judge a book by its cover – no property will look like home until you have moved in!
If you need further advice why not come and see us at our beautiful offices in the heart of Sunninghill on the High Street?
Or call us on 01344 870 100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange to come out to see you.
Interested in moving into a new property within the Charters School catchment area? We can help. Call 01344 870 100.